|John Psarakis, born into the ancient art of fishing in the islands of Greece, brings to you 42 years of experience in food catering, 21 at Seafood Affair.|
The Greeks and Romans knew the value of fish and so did the Egyptians. And long, long ago the church wisely enjoined its members to eat fish during Lent, not mentioning protein or vitamins, but saying, curiously, that this food "prevents idle chatter, since fish are themselves proverbially mute".
Fish, like meat, contains large quantities of protein essential for body building and body repair.
Eating fish is, therefore, a splendid investment in health.
John Psarakis was born in Neapolis at the foot of the Pelopennese, Greece, into the third generation of a family of traditional fishermen, where he worked on fishing trawlers in his younger life.
Migrating to Australia in 1958, John spent many years working in seafood cafes and restaurants (including the famous Peck's on the Corso at Manly).
It was always his dream to own the perfect seafood restaurant, so in 1982 John and his wife Anna built Seafood Affair in Moss Vale, and with sons Tom and Peter it has been run as a family business ever since.
Fresh fish was brought in daily from fishing boats on the South Coast, and Seafood Affair quickly established its reputation for fine seafood.
Today, with changes in marketing techniques, most fresh fish is supplied by the famous Pyrmont markets - one of the world's greatest fish markets, although some fish is still brought in direct from the trawlers of the South Coast.
MENU - All prices include GST
Prices subject to change without notice. $2 surcharge applies public holidays. Relax with a drink or aperitif at our bar before dining.
- Oysters Natural
- freshly opened and selected daily - $17.90 half doz., $34.90 dozen
- Oysters Kilpatrick
- topped with Bacon and Worcestershire Sauce - $19.90 half doz., $36.90 dozen
- Oysters Continental
- lightly grilled with breadcrumbs and a generous amount of garlic butter and wine - $19.90 half doz., $36.90 dozen
- Garlic Mussels a la Grecian
- sauteed with shallots & garlic and topped with our special tomato salsa - $14.90 half doz., $26.90 dozen
- Mussels Saganaki
- sauteed with garlic, shallots, fetta cheese and diced fresh tomato - $16.90 half doz., $28.90 dozen
- Mussels Continental
- lightly grilled with breadcrumbs and a generous amount of garlic butter and wine - $14.90 half doz., $26.90 dozen
Garlic and Herb Bread - $3.50
Hot Bread Roll and Butter - $1.00
Fries - $4.50 small/$8.50 large
|Cold Appetisers |
- Avocado Seafood
- filled with prawns, salmon & oyster - $22.90
- Avocado Prawn
- fresh peeled King Prawns - $22.90
- Avocado Vinaigrette - $8.90
- Seafood Cocktail
- prawns, salmon & oyster - $21.90
- Prawn Cocktail
- fresh peeled prawns - $19.90
- Smoked Salmon
- served with capers & onions on a bed of lettuce - $22.90
- Smoked Salmon with Avocado
- served with capers & onions on a bed of lettuce - $23.90
- Greek Salad
- garden salad with olives, Greek fetta cheese, onion & oregano & virgin olive oil - $16.90
- lightly crumbed, fried and very tender - $19.90 entree/$29.90 main
- Garlic Prawns a la Grecian
- sauteed with shallots and garlic and topped with our special tomato salsa - $23.90
- Garlic Prawns a la Tropicana
- crushed banana, pineapple, garlic, shallots, and creamy white wine sauce - $23.90
- Saganaki Prawns
- sauteed with garlic, shallots, fetta cheese and diced fresh tomato - $24.90
- Saganaki Scallops
- sauteed with garlic, shallots, fetta cheese and tomato - $24.90 entree/$35.90 main
- Prawn Cutlets
- freshly crumbed - $21.90
- Sizzling Garlic Prawns
- with or without chilli, in virgin olive oil - $23.90
- Mornay, garlic or fried - $23.90 entree/ $35.90 main
Seafood Affair caters for Mothers Day, birthdays, and your other special celebrations or functions.
|Our Pasta Special|
- Spaghetti Marinara
- served with a generous amount of fresh seafood
- Vegetarian Spaghetti
- mushrooms, shallots, peas and garlic in wine sauce
- $18.90 (main)
- Chicken Schnitzel, Fish fried or grilled, or Calamari
- served with vegetables, or salad & chips - $12.90
- Kids Ice Cream - $2.00
|Main Courses - Fish|
Subject to availability
- Chef's Suggestion
- All grilled fillets can be ordered with seafood & creamy wine sauce, scallops, mussels, shallots and parsley. - $5.90
- John Dory Fillets
- Considered a delicacy of the sea, fried, grilled or crumbed - $33.90
- Whiting Fillets
- S. Australia whiting is regarded by many southerners as the only table fish. Fried, grilled or crumbed. - $34.90
- Barramundi Fillets
- Australia's top eating fish - moist & flavoursome - $33.90
- Barramundi Mornay - $34.90
- Whole Snapper
- probably the best known fish & universally popular for eating - $34.90
- Whole Filled Snapper
- with scallops & mussels - $36.90
| Select from fish grilled, served with meuniere sauce or fried in our light Beer Batter.|
All Main Meals served with Salad and Chips, or Vegetables.
- Plaki Barramundi Fillets
- sauteed onion, garlic, herbs and tomato salsa - $34.90
- Lemon Sole Fillets Mornay - $32.90
- Whole Lemon Sole New Zealand - $31.90
- Lobster Newburg
- with mushrooms, shallots, and cream wine sauce - $45.90 half/$89.90 whole
- Lobster Mornay
- topped with Parmesan cheese - $45.90 half/$89.90 whole
- Lobster Thermidor
- creamy wine sauce with shallots, and mustard - $45.90 half/$89.90 whole
- Lobster Tropicana
- crushed pineapple, banana, garlic, shallots, creamy wine sauce - $45.90 half/$89.90 whole
- Lobster Salad
- with optional Avocado - $45.90 half/$89.90 whole
|Seafood Affair Specialities|
- Ship and Shore
- Combination of 1/2 lobster, prawn cutlet & Steak - $59.90
- Neptune's Chicken Breast Fillet
- filled with prawns, scallops, calamari, and creamy mustard wine sauce - $38.90
- Fisherman's Choice
- calamari, prawn cutlets, fish, and scallops - $32.90
- grilled with Saganaki prawns, with fries - $38.90
- John Dory
- grilled with Saganaki Prawns - $38.90
- Cold Platter
- lobster, king prawns, oysters, salmon & avocado - $85.90 for one/ $165.90 for two
- Hot & Cold Platter for Two
- prawn cutlets, fish, scallops, oysters & mussels - $123.90
- Hot Platter for Two
- calamari, prawn cutlets, fish, scallops, oysters & mussels - $78.90
Seafood Affair is fully Licensed.
We have a wide range of regional Australian wines.
You may BYO - corkage $5 per bottle.
There is a surcharge of $2 on public holidays.
Choose from our Special Lunch menu - a selection of fish and chicken dishes - just $27.90 Tuesday to Friday.
A complimentary glass of Tyrell's house wine is included.
- Prawn Salad
- fresh peeled King Prawns - $34.90
- Prawn Avocado Salad
- fresh peeled King Prawns and avocado- $35.90
- Garlic Prawns a la Grecian
- sauteed in garlic, shallots, topped with our special tomato salsa - $36.90
- Saganaki Prawns
- sauteed with garlic, shallots, fetta cheese & diced fresh tomato - $36.90
- Garlic Prawns a la Tropicana
- banana, pineapple, garlic, shallots, and creamy wine sauce - $36.90
- King Prawn Cutlets
- with salad & chips - $32.90
| For Non-Seafood Eaters|
Steaks - All our steaks are New York, M.S.A Exp. Graded. Cooked to your liking.
- New York Steak - $37.90
- bacon, mushrooms & creamy wine sauce - $37.90
- Pepper Steak
- green peppercorn in creamy wine sauce - $39.90
- The Original Steak Diane
- garlic creamy wine sauce - $39.90
- Chicken Scaloppine
- mushrooms, shallots and creamy wine sauce - $32.90
- Chicken Madagascar
- green peppercorns in creamy wine sauce - $32.90
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- ham, cheese, crumbed and fried, topped with melted cheese and tomato salsa - $32.90
- Chicken Schnitzel
- crumbed breast fillet - $24.90
- Napolitana Chicken Schnitzel
- topped with melted cheese and Napolitana Sauce - $26.90
Home-made waffles - $11.90, Creme Caramel - $11.90, Strawberries - $11.90, Banana Split - $11.90, Pavlova - $11.90, Sundae - $5.90 single, $8.90 double
Flat white, Espresso, Capuccino, Short Black, Long Black, Macchiato; Liqueur Coffee; Pam-X Coffee. Tea is also available
Seafood Affair is open all year round.
Please phone (02) 4868 1726 for reservations.